Wednesday, October 19, 2011

HONORING THE NEW UFC 137 MAIN EVENT

I'm sure you've all heard the news at this point.  GSP vs. Carlos Condit will no longer be the main event of UFC 137.  Unfortunately, GSP recently suffered an injury to his knee that will not allow him to fight on next Saturday's card.  As a result, B.J. Penn vs. Nick Diaz will now serve as the main event for the card.  It's sad that we're losing such a high profile fight, but Penn vs. Diaz is as worthy of a main event slot as any fight out there.  Both fighters are exciting and both bring it at all time in the cage.  They're so evenly matched that there's absolutely no way this will be a boring fight.  If rumors are true, we might even get a five rounder out of it.  

It's with that in mind that I figured I'd honor the two competitors that will be going at it on 10/29/2011 by remembering how they got here.  B.J. Penn vs. Nick Diaz will be an amazing fight, and I for one am super excited!


I'll tell you who I think is going to win some other day.     



No comments:

Post a Comment